Goods and services tax(GST) is an indirect tax introduced by the government of India on July 1, 2017. There are around 160 countries that have implemented the Goods and Services Tax is some form or the other.
France was the first country to introduce the Goods and Service Tax. But, only Canada and Brazil has a dual GST model like India. India has a dual GST model where revenue is divided into two parts: State Goods and Service Tax(SGST) and Central Goods and Services Tax(CSGT).
SGST is a tax levied by State government of India on Goods and Services. CGST is a tax levied by Central Government of India on Goods and Services. There is the total of four slabs of GST:
- 5 Percent Tax slab: Daily used items which are not considered as necessity falls under the category of this slab. Services such as Cabs, Train, and Items such as sugar, coffee, tea, spices and many more daily use items come under this slab.
- 12 Percent Tax slab: Items which are used by a large number of people but are not necessary falls under this category of the slab. Items like LED, hair oil, tooth powder, fruit juices, ghee and many more item falls under the category of this slab.
- 18 Percent Tax slab: Items that are used by middle-class people falls under the category of 18 percent tax slab. Items such as Cornflakes, notebooks, LPG gas stoves, preserved vegetables, camera and many more such items fall under the category of this slab.
- 28 Percent Tax slab: Goods which are luxury and Health hazard items falls under the category of 28 Percent Tax slab. This is the most charged tax of GST. Cigarettes and Alcohol also fall into the category of 28 percent tax slab.
Today, we are going to learn how can you log in on GST e waybill. We are assuming that you don’t have an account on GST e waybill. So, we will first learn how to create an account on GST E-waybill portal.
Registration on GST E-waybill
You must have the GSTIN of the registered taxpayer and a registered mobile number with the GST system to register on GST e waybill. Follow the steps below to register on GST e waybill.
- Open a web browser on your device. Go to the search bar and type “https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/”
and hit enter.
- Now, locate the ‘Registration’ option on the menu bar of the web page. Click on it.
- From the drop-down menu click on ‘e-waybill registration’. Transporter and Citizen have a separate option for them.
- Now, fill all the necessary detail on the web page and continue.
Your E-way bill account will be created. This is the basic detail on how to create an E-waybill account.
Now, we will learn how to log in on GST E-waybill. Follow the article ahead to find out
How to Login on GST E-waybill
- Open a web browser on your device.
- Type “https://ewaybillgst.gov.in/login.aspx” and hit enter.
- Type your ‘username’ and ‘password’ in the required fields.
- Enter the captcha and click on “Login”.
You will be successfully logged into GST E-waybill.