GST Existing User Login – GST is one of the most popular and thought out a change that the government of India has brought out for the people of the country. It pretty much is a necessary evil and a change that we all have been looking forward to.
Even though the GST rates might be pretty high these days but many people consider it a great move towards a society in which everyone pays their taxes. As we all know that the TAX is something that runs a nation and helps build the economy of our country.
Many people out there might think that the rates of GST on goods and services is outrageous but instead it is a necessity to tax such rates because then only the economy of the country as a whole would be developed. The government is always looking forward to creating bills and laws that prefer the greater good of the country even if it sometimes means that the people have to suffer a little.
About Registering on GST Existing User Login
The government of India has brought in another institution under its name and i.e. the GST department. Almost each and every aspect of the GST tax has been made online since it is the easiest mode of communication these days.
Most people that I know who have regular retail stores don’t know much about this and are shadowed by the lack of knowledge of the bill. If you are one of them then don’t worry because we are going to show you just how you can register yourself for the www.gst.gov.in.
The requirement to Register on GST Existing User Login portal
Many people might be worried about what all is required to register for the tax. Indeed some basic sets of documents are necessary and would be required to be uploaded by you at the www.gst.gov.in portal. It is something basic and the documents can be simply scanned by you at a local cyber cafe or by one at your home. The upload of the following documents is a necessity –
- A valid PAN or personal account number registered in any state of India.
- Valid Indian Mobile Phone number.
- A valid and regularly checked the email address.
- Proofs of the place of business.
- An authorized signatory who is a registered resident of India with Aadhar and PAN.
- Jurisdiction details of you and any partner in the business.
- Valid Bank Account in India.
- IFSC code available and enabled in the bank.
- Prescribed documents self-attested on all required pieces of documents mandatory for registrations.
- At least one Proprietor/Partner/Trustee/Member with a valid PAN.
All the above-given list of documents need to be submitted and be approved. An initial account can be registered by just some simple documents like your or your Business’s PAN. The extra documents can be simply submitted later on within a grace period of 6 months.
Why is Registering in GST is Necessary
Every business out there in the country which is trading in goods and services with a value of over 20 lacs per annum is required or necessitated by the government to register under the GST bill. The turnover limit may vary in states of northeast and hill states and is considered 10 Lac. For certain businesses registering under the GST law is mandatory and if not done would be highly penalized.
Which Business need to Register on www.gst.gov.in
- Every person who is registered under the Pre-GST law or the bill.
- When a business is being transferred from one person to the other then the person to whom it is being transferred shall take care of the GST.
- Anyone who drives sales and supply from one state to the other.
- Casual taxable person
- Non-Resident taxable person
- Agents of a supplier
- Those paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- Input service distributor
- E-commerce operator or aggregator
- The person who supplies via e-commerce aggregator
- The person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person.
How to Register on www.gst.gov.in (Portal)
Here is how you can register yourself on www.gst.gov.in
- Open up the GST portal from this link www.gst.gov.in
- Now open up this link – https://services.gst.gov.in/services/quicklinks/registration
- Click on new registrations.
- Enter your correct details and you should be good to go.
- The filing and approval may take some time in the whereabouts of 10-20 days.
Alternatively, you can register for GST Existing User Login at a local GST Seva Kendra
GST Login (www.Gst.Gov.in) | GST Existing User Login
- If you already have created an account then simply open up this GST Existing User Login – https://gst.gov.in/ and login
- Now fill the correct information and you are good to go.
Hope the above guide helped you to get enough knowledge about and the registration process for gst.gov.in.